Totally off topic but... *Updated 7/16*


If you could keep my little Yorkie Einstein in your thoughts, I'd appreciate it. He broke 2 bones in his paw last night and we're waiting to hear if he has to have surgery. I know it may not seem like a big deal to some people, but I don't have children and he's like my baby. I feel terrible that this happened to him. :(

*Update - 7/16* - First I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your sweet and encouraging comments and emails. I appreciate it so much!!

I just wanted to give you all a quick update. We had a consult with a surgeon today and he said that Einstein's case isn't black and white. He feels that it is possible that he could heal just fine after 8 weeks in a splint BUT wanted us to be aware that there is also the possibility that it will not completely heal due to poor blood flow to the extremities that is typically found in small toy breeds like Yorkies. So basically if it doesn't heal properly after 8 weeks in a splint they will have to go in and do surgery at that time (our other option was to just go ahead with the surgery now). After discussing our options with the surgeon, my husband and I decided it wouldn't hurt to do the splint for 8 weeks and see if it will heal on it's own (Einstein seems to be getting around fine and not in any pain). At the 8 week mark we will take a new x-ray and send it to the surgeon so he can determine if surgery would be necessary at that time. So I guess we just have to wait and see how it looks in 8 weeks, and in the meantime we will keep our fingers crossed that it heals on it's own!

Thank you again for keeping Einstein in your thoughts!

Popular entries